Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Birthday Nails

Hi! I had a little break away from my blog. First I had a nail polish mishap last weekend & that just ruined my mood to do anything nail related. Eek, I fell behind on my year challenge too. Must catch up with that! & Secondly, I just celebrated my birthday this past Friday :)

Here's how I did my nails for my birthday. Colorful glitter is a must, of course! & Since the birthstone for February is an Amethyst, I chose something in the purple family for my base color, China Glaze Sweet Hook from their Electropop collection. Then I added two coats of Wet n Wild Party of Five Glitters & gave it a mattified look. I wanted my mani to look softer, so I added a layer of OPI So Many Clowns... So Little Time on top & mattified again! 


China Glaze Sweet Hook & Wet n Wild Party of Five Glitters.





w/ Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love.



w/ OPI So Many Clowns... So Little Time & Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love.




Now the nail polish mishap. I broke a bottle of nail polish for the first time T___T An untried & it was a magnetic polish too! *tear tear* I turned my chair & ended up knocking a few bottles down. I managed to save some of the polish. I'm not sure how the polish broke, I think it was a collision during midair. I ended with a swirly polish design on my carpet! I googled a solution & I used the Windex method to get most of the stain out.

I also changed my layout this morning. Lots of purple for this month! Hehe.

No comments: