Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 5: Newspaper Mani

My belated newspaper mani!

This was my first time doing a newspaper mani! I've seen it countless amount of times & in my head I would always go "I have to try that!" Now thanks to this challenge I finally did it! It was quite fun & very easy to achieve! I ripped an article about Chuck for my nails.

I used three coats of OPI Mermaid's Tears from their Pirates of the Caribbean collection. You can get away with two coats, but mine was a bit streaky. For the newspaper, I ripped pieces a little bigger than my nail & dipped it into water. Then I pressed it onto my nails & that's it. Easy!


Now from the beginning





3 coats of Mermaid's Tears, no top coat, newspaper transfer
I liked how it looked after I applied the newspaper, but I needed to add a top coat to seal in
the ink or else it would smear. Which it did!


w/ Seche Vite


w/ Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love


Now that I'm caught up with the challenge, I need to do Week 6 before the week ends!

No comments: