Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Black & White Challenge - Day 3

Less than 5 minutes to spare before the day ends. The theme for today is a black base w/ color. Click to see day 1 or day 2.

I did my nails twice because I couldn't settle with the other one. Here is the second mani I did for this theme using stripes for my colors over a black base.

The base is Wet n Wild Black Creme & the stripes are LA Colors Art Deco in Quirky Turquoise & Metallic Pink. Finished off with a matte top coat.


w/ Seche Vite


w/ Warpaint Beauty Mattify


Now this was the mani I first had in mind for the black base with color theme. I was inspired by World of Color in Disney's California Adventure Park. If you've seen it, you'll know how amazing that water show is! & If not, you can watch it on Youtube! Hehe. Anyways, the idea of World of Color didn't quite transfer onto my nails as I had imagined. It came out pretty cool though.


When I first tried this out on the nail wheel, I added hidden Mickeys!

I painted the colors with a brush & use Kleancolor Metallic in Pink, Fushia, Orange, Yellow, Green, Aqua, Sapphire, & Purple.



w/ Warpaint Beauty Mattify


Once it was on my nails, I wanted to do a different design. Maybe I shouldn't have covered the entire nail & did it like the nail wheel.

What do you think, do you like the first mani I did or the second one with the stripes?


Check out the other blogs that are doing this challenge too! :)

biba's beauty corner      biberlee - džumbus    colores de carol     colorfull bottle      emerald sparkle      hooked on polish    lacqured tips    mateji ustvarjata    my little vanities    my nail graffiti  -  nail crazy    oje gemisi kalkiyor  ♥  omgnoodles    pink polish addict    posh nail art    purple glitters    taya    wacky laki    welcome to brianna's world

No comments: